Korea 2012 Day 2 (Jeju)

Merry Christmas! Temperature (Jeju): 0°C According to the weather forecast, it feels like -4.4°C Korea don't really have Korean Cu...

Merry Christmas!
Temperature (Jeju): 0°C
According to the weather forecast, it feels like -4.4°C



Korea don't really have Korean Cuisine for breakfast.
We settled our daily breakfast in various Cafes.
While in Jeju, we settled our daily breakfast at a bakery shop named Paris Baguette.

I have to emphasise how good their breads are.
Being a bread enthusiast, I've tasted a lot of breads and I hold high expectations for breads.
I fell in love with Paris Baguette's breads.
Their croissant has crispy shell with fluffy soft bread within.

I'm so glad that we have Paris Baguette in Singapore!
It's located @ Wisma Atria, 2nd storey.
I've yet to try Singapore's one and I shall head down soon!








First stop: Horse Acrobat Show.
I must say that the horses are really well-trained.
They are so obedient! Now I know how the horses act in dramas.

The horse below is acting like it's asleep and when the performer tried to pull the blanket away, he snatches it from the performer.








It started snowing again when we went for this walk.
I forgot the name of this place.













Visited Jeju's village.
Their walls are primarily built by rocks without any cement.
It's so solid that even when typhoon strikes, the stone walls are still upright.
We were told that there's no thieves, beggars or burglars within the village.
Everyone lives in harmony and watches out for one another.
Now, this is amazing. They don't even have locks to their doors.



The lady on the left is already 64 years old and she looks so young!



This is how the natives collect rain water dripping from the trees and the idea has been passed down for generations.



This is how the males in the olden days do their daily "routines".
What happens is that the faeces are being fed to the pigs.



Lunch was Seafood Steamboat.
The abalone was still alive and moving within it's shell.
Nothing special about this meal except that they really give a lot of seafood that you won't get in Singapore for the amount you pay.






Climbed to the peak of the volcano crater.
It was definitely a torture for us because of the strong wind blowing towards us and we had 40 over steep flights of stairs to climb before reaching the peak.
I personally feel that the view wasn't worth that many flights of stairs to the summit.
But whatever that we were climbing on was exactly where the volcano erupted.
Now it's all green and beautiful.











Then we went to walk a 1km underground tunnel that was formed by the volcano lava.
I was totally and absolutely bored through the whole walk. It's so so so so so so not my type.
I don't see much of the wonder of nature in that tunnel.

So that pretty much sums up my second day in Jeju.

You Might Also Like

0 letters

@jacquelynedna