Korea 2012 Day 7 & Day 8

Temperature: -6°C The blazing sun deceived us that day. We thought of wearing only 2 layers out because the sun was exceptionally brigh...



Temperature: -6°C

The blazing sun deceived us that day.
We thought of wearing only 2 layers out because the sun was exceptionally bright.
Right after we checked the weather forecast, all of us put on an extra layer of clothing.
It was so cold and windy that I even used my scarf to cover the lower half of my face while shopping.

Just realised that I haven't touched on the topic about shopping.
If you're looking for places to shop, I think it's better to shop at Ewha Girl's University Shopping Area than Dong Dae Mun.
Dong Dae Mun is getting more and more expensive.
The same kind of bag sold in two different places has huge price gap.
Over at Ewha, it could be only SGD11+ but at Dong Dae Mun, it would be at SGD30++++++.

We headed down to Ewha Girl's University in the morning, on the 7th day in Korea, to dye our hair.
We've been to Ewha on the 5th day in Korea so we spotted this hair salon and decided to give it a try.

Cecica Hair
Opens only @ 11am.

One of their hair stylists, Go Eun (pronounced as Goo En) can speak basic English.
All of them are so friendly and welcoming.
I love how they would help me to decide my hair colour according to my skin tone.
The best part is when I asked to trim my fringe, my hair dresser knew exactly what I wanted without me giving any descriptions.
She did a really basic trim but it was my ideal fringe that I always wanted but no hair dresser in Singapore could get me.
After dying my hair, she even gave me a temporary wave.
She did my wave and my sister's one differently, according to our age.







And yep, my hairdresser Go-Eun.
Really lovable character!



It's relatively cheaper than Singapore but you get really good services that you don't get in Singapore for the price you pay.
I got my hair dyed at the price of 100,0000 won (SGD110+++?)
For hair length above shoulder, it would be around 54,0000 won (SGD60++?)
The price is inclusive of haircut.
This is not the cheapest hair salon in Ewha Girl's University shopping area.
They have a lot of other hair salons around.

If you're thinking of having big curls, don't enter the salons saying you want to perm your hair.
Instead, say you want waves.
If you asked for perm, it'll turn out to be....

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-



Yes, the Ajumma style perm as shown above (Ajumma means Aunty in Korean).
So remember to ask for wave instead!

Picture courtesy: Blog.korea.net

~

Let's fast forward to Day 8 since we didn't do much for Day 7.
That's our last meal in Korea before flying back to Singapore.

As usual, I placed an order for Bulgogi set meal. I am determined to try Bulgogi everywhere I go in Korea hahahaha.
I am glad that none of their Bulgogi has failed me. *Satisfied*



How can I leave Korea without buying myself cookies from Paris Baguette!
Spent the last few thousands of Korean Won on cookies that I can bring back to Singapore.





After checking into the Airport Terminal, we chanced upon this Korea Cultural Experience shop that allows you to do handicrafts, free of charge!
I just love it when I visit a place with rich culture because this is exactly what you can look forward to.
You get to learn more about their history and their arts!



















That pretty much wraps up my trip to Korea 2012.
I have a lot of photos that I did not upload but the essential ones are already up!
Flew back to Singapore on the 31st of December.

Hope you've enjoyed reading my trip to Korea x

You Might Also Like

0 letters

@jacquelynedna