Scent of the past

Took this photo in Taiwan last year. Have you ever smelled a scent that reminds you of the past? It's a very peculiar scent yet it&...



Took this photo in Taiwan last year.

Have you ever smelled a scent that reminds you of the past?
It's a very peculiar scent yet it's unique. 
Sometimes, I smell it in the bus.
Sometimes, I smell it along the streets.
Sometimes, I can smell it when I go back to the place where I used to frequent.
Basically, I can smell it anytime anywhere, yet not frequently.

I see that scent as an indicator that I've left my past behind. Why?
The only time I know I've left my past is when I know that the scent is not what I feel for my current life.

It's the scent of the past.
That very distinctive smell that triggers my mind to think of the past.

Everyone has a past that they want to leave behind, that includes me.
I guess I've left my past behind me and I'm already embracing a new beginning of
my life, not alone, but with Daddy God.

It's not the literal beginning like as if it's the beginning of the year and everyone sets their new year resolutions.
This 'beginning' is something that can happen anytime of the year.
You don't really craft out your resolution for this type of beginning.
You just move on with life with a new flow that is different yet refreshing from the past.
A flow that God has given. It's His love that empowers me to move on and to be confident of the 
future because His words are promises to me and He never breaks promises like how humans would.

This is something very refreshing. It refreshes the soul, the body and the mind.

You Might Also Like

0 letters

@jacquelynedna