On drips.

After that week where I experienced bloated stomach and fainting spells, then came something worse. I got gastric flu on Wednesday that c...



After that week where I experienced bloated stomach and fainting spells, then came something worse.
I got gastric flu on Wednesday that caused me to have serious diarrhoea.
I was also on high fever that subsided and came back like a cycle.
Mum also had diarrhoea that was as bad or even worse than mine. She even had giddy spells.
By Thursday, when none of us seem to be getting better even after taking doctor's medicine,
we decided that we should go to Mt Alvernia Hospital's A&E.

Right, it was decided that both my mum and I would be hospitalised.
I was hospitalised due to dehydration caused by severe diarrhoea and was wheeled to my ward.
Being wheeled to the ward is something I told myself I must experience once.
I know, that kind of weird thing I have on my hope-to-experience list hahahaha.
So, I must say it feels pretty fun and bumpy and it's really a whole new level of experience.
Alright, enough of the wheelchair experience.

My Mum was hospitalised due to severely low blood pressure and diarrhoea.
Her BP went as low as 37 and my sister told me that the nurses even thought that their machine was spoilt.
How on Earth can someone's blood pressure be 37 for a couple of days?

I was warded into a 2-bedded ward at around 8pm and was on drips at around 9pm.
The nurses need to record the frequency of me visiting the washroom so I have to press the button
to get them to come over to my ward to help me into the washroom.
I really admire how patient the nurses are and how they never fail to smile at me.
How nice of all of them :)

I guess since Mt Alvernia is a private hospital, the food they served were pretty delicious.
Most of the time people complain that hospital food tasted really bad but I guess private hospital's ones are really better.
That very night I got admitted, I was never in my bed for more than a minute each time I was out from the washroom. It continued till 12am +.
I was so tired after the long day and fell asleep while sipping the electrolyte drink.

Then at night.................

2am: neighbour's machine can't stop beeping and woke me up while she's still soundly asleep.
4am: her machine started beeping again and woke me up except her.
5.30am: temperature taking.
6am: popped panadol since I was on fever but I never felt I had fever so I was shocked when I was told I had fever.

A night that I didn't get enough rest.



I woke up at 8am since breakfast was served at that timing.
Yummy chicken porridge for breakfast but I couldn't finish due to weak stomach.
I was told I could take a shower and can be free from drips for a while.
SHOWER. SHOWER. FINALLY SHOWERRRRRRR!!!!!

Around 11am, I walked out of the washroom to a surprise!
My aunts were there and the best surprise of all was the big yellow smiley balloon that my sister got for me!
AHHHH BALLOOOOOOOONS. *excited*
Nothing makes me happier than to see a smiling balloon! :D
She knows me so well.
I was telling her that I wouldn't be as happy if she had gotten me some 'Get well soon' sort of balloons.
"I know, that's why I got you a big smiley face."
hehehehe, blessed beyond words!
Grandaunt got me the very pretty sunflower! Bright and sunny sunflower :D

So thankful for all of you who has showed concern about my condition.
Thank you so much and sorry to have made you all worry.
Hahahaha, I never thought my condition would be that bad that I even need to be hospitalised.
Still, I'm very thankful for all of your concerns.
I've been discharged on Saturday afternoon.

FYI, staying in the hospital and being under soft diet will not make anyone lose weight because of the IV drips which contains sugar.
It keeps us in our original size or makes us grow fatter.
Just when I thought I could lose some weight in the hospital, it was the exact opposite.
Now you know, as long as someone is on IV drips, they will not lose weight. HAHAHAHA.

Finally, kudos to the nurses in the world!
It's never easy to take care of patients.
It takes a great deal of patience to attend to patients.
I'm really thankful for nurses. :)

You Might Also Like

0 letters

@jacquelynedna