Lunar New Year

This is my uncle's newly built house in Tangkak. Tankak is a small town in Johor area and they sell a lot of fabrics and textiles th...




This is my uncle's newly built house in Tangkak.
Tankak is a small town in Johor area and they sell a lot of fabrics and textiles that are cheaper than anywhere else.









The photo above shows the view from his house.





Zhen Kai, my youngest cousin on my mother's side.



~



The house in the picture above belongs to my dad.
He bought it close to 20 years ago if I'm not wrong.
We rented to the workers in Starbucks and we haven't visited this house for over 10 years.
It's so old and run down. I wonder how the people can stay in it.







Basically, Chinese New Year in Malaysia involves feasting, sitting down doing nothing, using wifi, playing poker + mahjong, feasting again and sleep.
On the night of new year's eve, fireworks can be seen in all four directions because the richer households set fireworks to flaunt their wealth.
I guess flaunting their wealth this way isn't too bad since we get to see fireworks every which way we turn at the top level of the house.



This year's Chinese New Year, we spent most of our time travelling in the car or rotting in the house.
How's Chinese New Year in Singapore?

You Might Also Like

0 letters

@jacquelynedna