Liberated

If it lifts You higher, burn in me Your desire, passion worthy of Your name. — After a few days of self-doubt, a few days of anxiousn...



If it lifts You higher, burn in me Your desire, passion worthy of Your name.



After a few days of self-doubt, a few days of anxiousness over deadlines and a few days of restlessness, I combat them by listening to worship songs, I read more devotionals and bible verses and I listened to Pastor Prince's sermons more often. It did help my situation. For awhile. 

Then the thoughts start coming in for the next few hours.

I decided I needed an honest prayer for myself. All these while, I was casting down bad thoughts, trying to focus on Jesus but little did I realise that all He wanted was for me to trust my heart to Him. I don't even need to strive to be in the right state of mind before I can trust Jesus. All I needed to do was to say a simple and honest prayer.

And so, I prayed.

"Lord, I give you my heart today.
This heart that can't guard anything and gets shaken by everything, I trust it to You.
Today, You will lead me to where I should be. You will guide my steps.
You will guard my heart for me."

And just like that.

I was liberated.

Too many a times we try so hard to make things right ourselves.
We try to cast bad thoughts away by rebuking them in Jesus's name, thinking it's the right way.

But, the scripture wrote, "Cast your cares and concerns to Me."
Me. Me. Me. Daddy God said Me.
He did not tell us to cast our cares, concerns and bad thoughts away from Him.
He told us to cast it to Him!

Let Jesus know that He is in control of you life and thoughts today. This is not to remind Jesus that it's His job to do so. This is a reminder for ourselves that we know He is in control. 


You Might Also Like

0 letters

@jacquelynedna