Paris, France

Gare Du Nord - Main train station in Paris. Jayden and I flew in from Prague to Paris and lugged our pieces of luggage from Gare Du No...




Gare Du Nord - Main train station in Paris.

Jayden and I flew in from Prague to Paris and lugged our pieces of luggage from Gare Du Nord, walked a hundred metres in the wrong direction and another couple hundred metres in the right direction before reaching the right bus stop. France wasn't what we imagined when we took the train in from the Airport to Paris. It was in fact a pretty dirty country. There are some European countries that I visited that are way cleaner than Paris. I always thought Paris were on par with them.



Took a photo in our super super super super small apartment. Or rather, it's an all-in-one room as shown in the super lousy quality video below. You can visit my instagram (@jacquelynedna) if you want to see a clearer video. It was so small that when we tried to pan fry Foie Gras, it set the smoke alarm off even when we turned on the air hood. 








Dining amongst the french was something I never thought would happen to Jayden and I, so soon. I expected it to happen only when we are in our early 30s when we head off for our honeymoon or what not. It was a very romantic setting. Alfresco dining at 14°C with an English speaking waitress helping us (Praise the lord!), sipping our drink, enjoying the atmosphere and each other's company, listening to the french chatting away, looking at the classic french ladies smoking their thin cigarettes and more importantly, absorbing the atmosphere right into our souls. Praise the Lord that our Airbnb host recommended this wonderful restaurant that sells delicious food at a reasonable pricing and still fed us to the brim!




On our way to Eiffel Tower, which was a super long walk from where we were, Jayden decided that we should sit on the grasses. Never a fan of grasses in Singapore because it's muddy and dirty owing to the humid weather. The grasses in Paris were softer, cleaner and taller.











I could only take extremely close-up shots of the Eiffel Tower because the Europe Cup was on in Paris and the whole area was cordoned off by the police. It was a pity we didn't get a chance to sit on the grass and enjoy the view of Eiffel. Nevertheless, I do like the shots I've taken because rarely have I seen such shots of the Eiffel and it's a pretty fresh perspective for me.












Next stop: London

You Might Also Like

0 letters

@jacquelynedna