How to create your own Shibuya Toast

I've seen many Instagram posts about The Dazzling Cafe. The Shibuya Toasts look extremely scrumptious but I know the queue is crazy a...



I've seen many Instagram posts about The Dazzling Cafe. The Shibuya Toasts look extremely scrumptious but I know the queue is crazy and because I want to beat the queue, I decided on making my own. I certainly did not bake the bread myself. I bought them from Four Leaves bakery shop early in the morning, usually before they start slicing their loaves of bread. On another occasion, I reserved one loaf of unsliced bread the night before and collected it the next morning. I am not sure if all the outlets allow you to do so but Clementi Mall's one allows me to do so. I did not take the sequential photos of how I prepared it, but I hope my description has helped you with creating your own.





Ingredients:

1 tbsp of melted butter
1 loaf of unsliced bread
1/4 cup of Condensed Milk or Honey
Ice Cream of preferred flavours
Any type of fruits



Step 1: Using a serrated knife, cut the bread into cubes.
Cut it half-way through, as seen in the picture below.





Step 2: Brush a layer or two of butter around the bread and within the half-sliced cubes





Step 3: Place into an airfryer at 180°C for around 3 to 5 minutes





Step 4: Drizzle honey or condensed milk over the bread
Step 5: One to two scoops of Ice cream onto it.
Step 6: Decorate with your choice of fruits




I have been meaning to create a matcha flavoured one and that will probably be pushed to the next half of 2016.
Hopefully this "recipe" is helpful for the other lazy people like me, since we are skipping the bread-making step.

If you have created this, tag me on Instagram @jacquelynedna!


You Might Also Like

0 letters

@jacquelynedna