Great journey

I've been working at SPH (Singapore Press Holdings) under ST701 department, as a Junior Photographer taking photos of HDBs and Com...







I've been working at SPH (Singapore Press Holdings) under ST701 department, as a Junior Photographer taking photos of HDBs and Commercial Buildings for ST Property for more than two months. The temporary workers there are so friendly and lovely. Most of them are of my age, which makes it easier for us to mingle around. I really love how they make me laugh so much at work.

The top left hand corner of the collage is my boss, Mr Ang.
He's a very very very wonderful boss. Caring towards all of his subordinates like as if all of us were his children.
The best boss I could have asked for as well. No other bosses can be better than him. I am so well-taken care of while working for him in SPH.

I travel around Singapore to take photos and my photo buddy, Harith, bottom left of the collage, never fails to make me laugh till my stomach starts to ache every time I take photos with him. We don't always go out to take photos together. On the first day of work, we click very well already. Some of our colleagues even thought we were schoolmates. I would say, we're more like some long-lost best friends that finally met after many decades. He is the best working buddy I can ever ever ever ask for. Someone who has the same frequency as me, going crazy and being crazy or even crazier than me.

I've learnt quite a lot from this job. At least I feel that I know more about Singapore's roads and I know how to use the online maps to locate the place I want to go. I've always classified myself as someone who is very poor with directions so I guess God gave me this job to learn my roads well. It helped a lot because I get to see the different areas of Singapore. After taking this job, I then realised that every single building around neighbourhoods has a block number to it. Even the garbage bin area in a neighbourhood has a block number. The pavilion has a block number with an alphabet with it, usually taking the number of the block that the pavilion is closest to.

I don't mind travelling from my house to Braddell, where my office is located at, because I just love going back to meet all the wonderful people there.
Circle line saved my life from needing to travel along the super long North-South line (Red line) to get to Braddell.

Today marks the last day of my working day in SPH and I am already missing the people there.
What a great privilege to be part of ST701 for the past two months.

Just ended a wonderful work journey and another will start in a week's time.

You Might Also Like

0 letters

@jacquelynedna